We are committed to protecting your privacy. We will only use the information that we collect about you lawfully (in accordance current with UK Data Protection Law). This document is dated 24th May 2018.
Who we are
Our website address is: www.longbridgechildcare.org.uk.
Longbridge Childcare Strategy Group (LCSG) a registered childcare charity – 1081699, our location addresss is:
Longbridge Childcare Strategy Group
8 Manor Park Grove
Charity No. 1081699
Why we hold your data
We collect information about you for the following reasons:
- to process your order
- to fulfil a contract
- to provide you with a service
- because you have given consent for us to do so for direct marketing purposes in connection with our products and services or those of associated companies or official partners
- where there is a legal requirement to do so and
- where there is a legitimate interest.
The type of information we will collect about you includes but is not limited to:
- your name
- phone number
- email address
- information relating to visits to our websites
We may also receive information about you from third parties in connection with our services.
We will never collect sensitive information about you without your explicit consent.
The information we hold will be accurate and up to date. You can check the information that we hold about you by emailing us. If you find any inaccuracies we will delete or correct it promptly. You may request to have your personal information deleted provided it such request is allowed by law.
If we collect your personal information, the length of time we retain it is determined by a number of factors including the purpose for which we use that information and our obligations under other laws. We do not retain personal information in an identifiable format for longer than is necessary. The only exceptions to this are:
- the law requires us to hold your personal information for a longer period, or delete it sooner;
- you exercise your right to have the information erased (where it applies) and we do not need to hold it in connection with any of the reasons permitted or required under the law.
How we hold your data
The personal information which we hold will be held securely in accordance with our internal security policy and the law. Transmission of data via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your information transmitted to our websites and any transmission is at your own risk. If we transfer your information outside of the EEA in this way, we will take steps to ensure that appropriate security measures are taken with the aim of ensuring that your privacy rights continue to be protected as outlined in this policy.
Other who may access to your personal data
We may share your information with others for the purposes set out above to third parties who provide products and services that are associated with our own.
When we use third party service providers, we only disclose to them any personal information that is necessary for them to provide their service and we have a contract in place that requires them to keep your information secure and not to use it other than in accordance with our specific instructions or for a specified purpose.
Other ways we may share your personal information
We may transfer your personal information to a third party as part of a sale of some or all of our business and assets to any third party or as part of any business restructuring or reorganisation. We may also transfer your personal information if we’re under a duty to disclose or share it in order to comply with any legal obligation, to detect or report a crime, to enforce or apply the terms of our contracts or to protect the rights, property or safety of our staff, contractors, suppliers, visitors and customers. We will always take steps with the aim of ensuring that your privacy rights continue to be protected.
We will not contact you unless you have given us your consent. We will give you the chance to refuse any marketing communication from us.
We may collect your preferences to receive marketing information directly from us by email, SMS, phone or post if you subscribe to do so.
We may contact you with marketing information by post or by telephone or with targeted advertising delivered online through social media and platforms operated by other companies by using your personal information, or use your personal information to tailor marketing to improve its relevance to you, unless you object.
We may also contact you with marketing information by text or email. However, where you deal with us in your capacity as an individual (rather than through your company or organisation), we will only contact you by email or text with direct marketing material if:
- you make an enquiry engage with us in respect of our services, unless and until you indicate you would prefer not to hear from us; or
- you have consented to receive such marketing information directly from us.
We will only share your information with our third party partners or marketing agents in order for them to send marketing materials on our behalf or capture any requests to unsubscribe from our newsletter.
From time to time, we may ask you to refresh your marketing preferences by asking you to confirm that you consent to continue receiving marketing information from us.
You have the right to opt-out of our use of your personal information to provide marketing to you in any of the ways mentioned above.
This website uses Google Analytics, a service which transmits website traffic data to Google servers. This instance of Google Analytics does not identify individual users or associate your IP address with any other data held by Google. Reports provided by Google Analytics are used to help us understand website traffic and webpage usage.
You may opt out of this tracking at any time by activating the “Do Not Track” setting in your browser.
Cookies are text files stored on your computer, and accessible only to the websites which create them.
Further information about cookies can be found on the Interactive Advertising Bureau’s website https://www.allaboutcookies.org/.
Cookies used by Google Analytics:
- _ga – Used by Google Analytics to track user activity over different browsing sessions. You will know if this information is being shared because it will be explicitly called out in the application process.
- _gali – Used by Google Analytics to record what item on the previous page the user interacted with to get to the current page.
- _utma – Used by Google Analytics to store information on number of visits, first visit, and most recent visit
- _utmb – Used by Google Analytics to record the timestamp of the moment the user enters the site.
- _utmc – Used by Google Analytics to track when users leave the site.
- _utmz – Used by Google Analytics to track where a visitor came from.
You may opt-out of Google Analytics for Display Advertisers including AdWords and opt-out of customized Google Display Network ads by visiting the Google Ads Preferences Manager. To provide website visitors more choice on how their data is collected by Google Analytics, Google has developed an Opt-out Browser add-on, which is available by visiting Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on, to enable you to opt-out of Google’s programs.